Sunday, January 18, 2015

J.L. Brunken Family

J.L. Brunken Family
From Hilda's Album[1]
Their Home

Who's Who

  • Mrs. J.L. Brunken = Lina (Schneider) Brunken, wife of John Louis Brunken
  • Mr. J.L. Brunken  = John Louis "Louie" Brunken, son of Johann Diedrich "John" Brunken
  • Daughter Laura = Laura Brunken, daughter of John Louis Brunken

Story

Hilda visited her aunt, Lina (Schneider) Brunken, and uncle, John Louis "Louie" Brunken, and cousin, Laura Brunken, at their home in Columbus, Nebraska.

Date

November 1927.

Location

Columbus, Nebraska - 1816 11th Street[2][3]

1816 11th Street, Columbus, Nebraska [2]

Notes

  1. Scanned on December 14, 2015 from a picture album prepared by Hilda Ida Brunken.
  2. Laurel Brunken emailed "I put an all points bulletin on John Louis' house and this is what I came up with. Several people looked him up in the directories and I got several addresses, but someone posted the picture I attached at 1816 11th Street in Columbus. It is almost exactly as it was. I knew I had seen it. I will do more research though." January 20, 2015.
  3. In the 1920 US Census, John Louis Brunken is living at 1816 Eleventh Street. I cannot find John Louis Brunken in the 1930 US Census which would be a closer date to this November 1927 picture. However, there is a border crossing from Canada with the Kiwanis Club dated 17 Aug 1926 for Laura Brunken which states that her home address is 1816 11th St., Columbus, Nebr.

No comments:

Post a Comment